Benner Library & Resource Center was built in 1975 as an expansion to the Memorial Library.
Benner Library was dedicated in 1976 for Dr. Hugh C. Benner, General Superintendent of the Nazarene Church from 1952-68. Dr. Benner also served as the first president of the Nazarene Theological Seminary from 1944-52. He was an Olivet grad 1919.
Today the Benner Library building also includes the campus' Media and IT Departments.